Head of Inbound Marketing
Welcome to the coolest fully remote job where you will be a big contributor in a growing business. We are a small (but mighty!) team positioned for growth, and you’ll get to help mold who we become. We look to empower people to thrive beyond the 9-5 hustle/grind office culture and provide the absolute best talent across the globe. Our #workfromanywhere mantra is our lifeblood and we invite you to share in our adventure!
WHO WE ARE:
First Page Strategy [FPS] is a global growth marketing agency. We partner with product-led brands looking to achieve high-volume, sustainable growth. We are collaborative, data-driven, and people-centric. We emulate the structure and expertise of the big players with the attention and finesse of a boutique agency, allowing us to seamlessly function as an extension of an in-house marketing team.
As a Head of Inbound Marketing at FPS, you’ll develop, own, and implement the inbound marketing strategy for our agency brand to drive qualified traffic, leads and new business for the agency. You will lead a team of talented and creative people across social media, SEO, and content to develop and implement engaging content in a variety of media formats to help us drive new opportunities that exceed our business goals. This role reports to our VP of Growth and works side-by-side with a Head of Creative.
WHAT YOU'LL BE OWNING:
- Content/Editorial Calendar: Build and manage a rich and complex content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.)
- Drive Marketing Qualified Leads: Create the strategy, manage, and execute multi-channel inbound marketing campaigns leveraging SEO, social, inbound marketing, and email to drive successful lead acquisition and hit qualified traffic and lead funnel goals.
- Personas: Own updating, managing, understanding, and marketing to our personas, and conducting market research and prospective surveys or convos to enrich these.
- Own FPS Newsletter: Research, write and publish The Snippet, FPS’ monthly newsletter with a goal of growing the channel
- Own HubSpot: You will own all inbound marketing automation inside of HubSpot — CMS management, funnel reporting and movement, lead scoring, CTAs, segmented lists, reports, etc. You must be expert-level at marketing automation and HubSpot.
- Lead Nurture: Manage lead nurturing campaigns and workflows in HubSpot to accelerate prospect movement through the sales funnel and automate when it makes sense.
- Research: From time to time you will conduct customer, competitor, and product research
- Reporting & Results: Create and present monthly KPI reports across all channels containing and make recommendations to iterate and improve content and campaigns to achieve the desired results
- Collaboration: You will collaborate closely with the Head of Creative and Growth Strategist to develop compelling campaigns that increase leads and revenue
- Leadership: You will lead a small but mighty team full-time employees and contractors to achieve goals, increase revenue. Leadership at FPS means building a positive team culture, and supporting team members’ growth plans and professional development
SOME KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Directly contribute to FPS’ Sales goals — SQL and BANT goals
- Utilize HubSpot insights and reporting to improve all marketing — landing pages visited, segmentation, CTA clicks/views, etc.
- Own the launch and programming of FPS’ podcast in partnership with the Founder, who is the host
- Develop and test three new lead magnets
- Redo our entire content strategy to obtain qualified traffic to the blog
- Audit at our entire email lead nurture program and develop a strategy to improve it, building out new campaigns where necessary
- Fully understand our target segments and create a thought leadership content program that matters to them
- Work with FPS’ UX team audit our website and make changes accordingly
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU:
- At least 5-7 years of previous inbound marketing experience in this or a similar role
- A demonstrated experience holding the highest quality standards for content that engages while achieving business goals
- An understanding of the marketing funnel and inbound marketing’s role in contributing to leads at the top, middle, and bottom
- Demonstrated understanding of how inbound marketing contributes to other marketing channels and larger business goals
- Knowledge of integrating best practices for UX and SEO to create more effective campaigns
- Ability to navigate analytics and comfort with pulling and analyzing metrics to determine the success of content initiatives
- High attention to detail and dedication to accuracy/quality
- Ability to balance effective delegation to your team with the willingness to jump into tasks yourself when something needs to get done
- The ability to lead with empathy, grace, candor, fun, and tact
- Communication skills are essential to the success of our remote company, both internally and externally - to be a part of this team it is key that you are able to effectively communicate with people across the globe
- Technology-savvy: with the ability to quickly learn to navigate, manage workload and track time & capacity in ClickUp (our PM tool) and to effectively use Zoom, Slack, shared Google Drives and other online tools that support our remote work practices — both async and synchronously
- A flexible mentality at a small, growing company as teams goals and responsibilities often internally shift
- A willingness to be part of a fully remote team and care about who you work with on the other side of the screen — participation in team events, Slack conversations, etc.
- Must have 3-5 years experience using HubSpot, or a competitive marketing automation platform, and get inbound marketing certified through HubSpot before starting
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- The annual compensation range for this role is $85,000 - $105,000 depending on experience
- We are a 100% remote-first company – Work where you want when you want, and how you want
- Time Freedom: 32-hour work weeks, truly open, unmanaged PTO with suggested minimums a quarter, and 18 company holidays for a total of ~85 days off a year
- We have set Sync Hours (10a-2p CST) where our team needs to be accessible (not chained to a desk!), but the rest of your schedule is up to you (we believe in nonlinear workdays)
- Health benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- 401k with company contribution
- Monthly mobile phone and internet stipend ($150 US/mo)
- All the tech tools you need to be successful (Company-provided Mac Air)
- A really kick-ass group of people to work with and a super supportive Leadership Team
- Read more about what we offer here!
WHAT OUR PROCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Video call with the hiring manager - 1hr
- Video meeting with some of the team (peers, direct reports, etc) - 1hr
- Complete a (PAID!) test project - estimated creation time 2-3hrs.
- Presenting your test project to some of the team (video) - 30m -1hr
- Wrap up with our Founder + People Team 30m each
- References + Offer - Welcome to the Team!
Please note that while First Page Strategy is a #workfromanywhere company, we are still working on that being extended to those originating from outside of the US. As it stands now, we are only able to hire US citizens or those who are authorized to work in the US as full-time employees (we do not provide visa sponsorship). We do hire contract roles in other countries on a case-by-case basis and depending on the role. We hope to change that in the future to even further diversify our team!