Welcome to the coolest fully remote job - where you get to be a big contributor in a growing business, all while sharing your passion for remote work, adventure and work/life harmony! We are a small team positioned to make it big, so this is your chance to get involved in an exciting growth stage and to help mold who we become. As we grow, our team members' success and happiness is a HUGE part of what we focus on (we MEAN this!). We want everyone to live the life they thrive in — and that doesn’t include sitting in an office for 8-10 hours a day and commuting. (Um…no thanks!)
What’s your BEST, thriving lifestyle? You can do this and the work you love at First Page as we redefine what the work week, work day and work space looks like.
As a Director of Content at First Page, you’ll develop, own, and implement content strategy for our clients. Leading a team of Content Pros, writers, editors, video specialists, and UX and Lead Gen experts, you’ll create innovative, engaging content in a variety of media formats to help our clients to meet and exceed their business goals. This role requires a strong marketing background and passion for creating content that converts, moves people through the sales funnel, gets links and shares, and sticks with the reader.
WHAT YOU'LL BE OWNING:
- Develop and oversee content strategy, continually adjusting as needed to keep results high for our clients and to take advantage of new opportunities as they appear
- Hold highest quality standards for content that engages while achieving business goals
- Own results for all content—monitor content KPIs, analyze results of content efforts, and clearly communicate progress to Head of Organic Channel Growth and client contacts
- Contribute to client presentation decks to ensure your KPIs and focus projects are communicated and present to client directly when needed
- Understand the marketing funnel and Content’s role in contributing to leads at top, middle and bottom — work with the Head of Organic Channel Growth to report on the effectiveness of our Content strategy and make changes to drive more revenue
- Collaborate with our SEO, Outreach, Social, Brand, and Email teams to develop cross-channel campaigns that increase organic traffic, links/shares, and revenue
- Lead a team of Content Experts, Pros, and Specialists to achieve goals, increase effectiveness, build a positive team culture, and support team members’ growth plans and professional development.
SOME KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Develop and lead survey and data efforts as part of client’s regular external research reports
- Direct content for rewrite of client’s website, ensuring high quality, valuable content that meets both the user and the client’s goals
- Lead rebranding efforts from a content perspective, working with Brand team to develop messaging and style guidelines and overseeing implementation
- Oversee development and implementation of cross-channel video, lead gen, podcast, webinar, and infographic campaigns
- Help launch and promote new products for our clients with creative content campaigns
- Collaborate with Senior SEO Manager to ensure we’re creating both content that earns traffic naturally and interesting, shareable assets that people want to link to
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU:
- At least 10-15 years of previous experience developing and implementing digital content strategy, including demonstrated experience with the following: social content, webinars, podcasts, data-driven reports, video content, blogs, landing pages, and product-led, acquisition focused content strategy.
- Previous experience managing team members (required!)
- The ability to lead with empathy, purpose and tact
- Inbound marketing experience and a demonstrated understanding of how content contributes to other marketing channels and larger business goals
- Experience integrating best practices for UX and SEO to create more effective content
- Ability to navigate Analytics and comfort with pulling and analyzing metrics to determine the success of content initiatives
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- High attention to detail and dedication to accuracy / quality
- Ability to balance effective delegation to your team with the willingness to jump into tasks yourself when something needs to get done
- Technology-savvy, with the ability to learn quickly and juggle tasks in ClickUp (our PM tool), use mobile as necessary, and effectively use Zoom, Slack, and other online tools
- A flexible attitude at a small, growing team as team and responsibilities internally shift
- A willingness to be part of a fully remote team and care about who you work with on the other side of the computer — participation in team building video calls/events, Slack conversations, etc.
- Interest in collaborating with other members of the marketing team to create effective landing pages, interesting, data-driven reports, fun infographics, and other shareable content that our users will love.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- The annual compensation range for this role is $110,000 - $150,000
- We are a 100% remote-first company – Work where you want
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- 401k with company contribution
- Monthly mobile phone and internet stipend ($150 US/mo)
- All the tech tools you need to be successful (New company Macbook with post-employment purchase option)
- Truly Open PTO (with expected minimums!)
- A really kick-ass group of people to work with and a super supportive Leadership Team
- Read more about what we offer here!
Please note that while First Page Strategy is a #workfromanywhere company, we are still working on that being extended to those originating from outside of the US. As it stands now, we are only able to hire US citizens or those who are authorized to work in the US as full time employees (we do not provide visa sponsorship). We hope to change that in the future to even further diversify our team!